Maximize Information Protection
Endpoint Encryption: drive and removable media encryption.
Laptops, Windows tablets and removable media devices have provided today’s mobile workforce the freedom to work anywhere. With this freedom comes a greater risk of a data breach through lost or stolen devices. Symantec Endpoint Encryption combines strong full-disk and removable media encryption with centralized management to protect sensitive information and ensure regulatory compliance, including devices encrypted with BitLocker, FileVault 2 or OPAL compliant self-encrypting drives.
Symantec provides maximum protection by encrypting each drive, sector-by-sector, ensuring that all files are encrypted. In addition to protecting laptops, desktops and Windows tablets, Endpoint Encryption supports various types of removable media including USB drives, external hard drives, and CD/DVD/Blu-ray media. With Symantec, removable media users can access their data on any Windows or Mac system, even if encryption isn’t installed on the machine.
- Maximum protection including support for virtual machines, native OS encryption such as BitLocker, FileVault 2 and OPAL compliant self-encrypting drives.
- Ease of use with single sign on support
- Multiple recovery options including self-recovery and web console for Helpdesk staff
- Flexible removable media support
Optimize your resources with centralized encryption management
Regulatory compliance, data privacy concerns, and brand reputation often become powerful motivating factors for organizations to take advantage of encryption technologies. Organizations are challenged to protect their sensitive information and ensure compliance with limited resources. Symantec Endpoint Encryption offers an integrated management platform to allow organizations to:
- Quickly deploy and manage their endpoint encryption solution from a single console
- Have the right mix of self-recovery and help-desk support for their employees with Symantec's multiple recovery options
- Symantec Endpoint Encryption also offers extended management capabilities to provide support for native OS encryption (BitLocker and FileVault 2) and Opal-compliant self-encrypting drives.
- Individual and group key management
- Automated policy controls
- Out-of-the-box, compliance-based reporting
Increased Security with Symantec Data Loss Prevention
Accidental data exposure makes up a large percentage of all data breaches that occur; sensitive information is often transferred to unprotected devices simply due to user error. Symantec Endpoint Encryption helps address this issue through integration with our industry-leading Data Loss Prevention (DLP) solution.
Symantec DLP scans information on laptops and desktops, flagging sensitive content and monitoring employee activity on and off the network. If an employee attempts to move sensitive data to a removable device, DLP logs the action. The employee receives a customizable prompt, notifying them that they are attempting to move a sensitive file. Employees are then given the option to encrypt the file before authorizing the transfer, allowing organizations to proactively prevent user error and ensure business continuity.
Integration with Symantec Data Loss Prevention includes:
- Removable Media
- Gateway Email Encryption
- File Share Encryption