Work smarter, anywhere, with business email on your own servers. Exchange allows you to tailor your email services to your unique requirements, while offering flexible options for moving to the cloud.
- Smarter inbox: Exchange 2016 helps you get more done through faster search and an inbox that is more personalized, more helpful, and more intelligent.
- Simplified architecture: A simplified architecture, originally forged in the cloud, combines the mailbox and client access roles, so it’s easier to plan and scale your deployments. Streamlined coexistence with Exchange 2013 means easier upgrading.
- Security and compliance: Data loss prevention (DLP) in Exchange Server 2016 includes more in-the-box sensitive information types. And enhanced auditing enables better reporting and easier integration with third-party tools.
- Better collaboration: With its new approach to attachments that eliminates versioning headaches, plus other enhancements, Exchange Server 2016 makes working together on documents easier.
- Mobile productivity: Exchange Server 2016 powers the latest Outlook experiences on phones, tablets, desktops, and the web so you can get more done, wherever you are.
The following table shows older versions of Exchange Servers
|Compare Versions of Exchange Server|
|Exchange Server 2007||Exchange Server 2010||Exchange Server 2013|
|Simplified administration||Not included||Partial||Full|
|Robust and flexible command-line tools||Full||Full||Full|
|Large low-cost mailboxes||Partial||Full||Full|
|Role-based administration||Not included||Full||Full|
|Cloud on your terms||Not included||Full||Full|
|Managed availability||Not included||Partial||Full|
|Do more, on any device.|
|Outlook Web App||Partial||Partial||Full|
|Touch-optimized||Not included||Not included||Full|
|Voicemail with a unified inbox||Partial||Full||Full|
|Manage inbox overload||Not included||Partial||Full|
|Support for apps||Not included||Not included||Full|
|SharePoint integration||Not included||Not included||Full|
|Keep your organization safe.|
|Anti-spam and anti-malware protection||Full||Full||Full|
|Protect business information||Partial||Full||Full|
|Data Loss Prevention (DLP)||Not included||Not included||Full|
|In-place archiving and retention||Partial||Full||Full|