AXIS Perimeter Defender is a flexible, scalable video analytics application for perimeter surveillance and protection. It’s designed for demanding large-scale installations.
- AXIS Perimeter Defender gives you an edge where security starts – at the perimeter of your facilities. It’s ideal for reinforcing physical access control for high-security facilities such as chemical plants, power plants and prisons and for critical infrastructure.
- AXIS Perimeter Defender provides accurate detection capabilities with support for multiple detection scenarios. This includes several types of intrusion detection and loitering. It enables detection of multiple events occurring simultaneously in different places. It analyses detected events, dismisses non-threatening ones and notifies security staff of potentially critical situations.
- AXIS Perimeter Defender can be integrated into as many cameras as you want, here and now, and add more cameras as your needs grow. As AXIS Perimeter Defender analyzes video-footage data on the cameras themselves, it does not require a central server for processing.
- Installing and setting up AXIS Perimeter Defender is fast, simple and cost-effective. You can deploy and configure it simultaneously on multiple cameras. AXIS Perimeter Defender supports a range of alarm outputs and integrates with your video management systems, providing you with immediate feedback on potential security incidents. And it has all the features needed for easy implementation, including intuitive system-design tools and automatic calibration. Support and upgrades are included in the license.
AXIS Perimeter Defender detects four different types of events:
- Intrusion: When one or more people or vehicles enter a predetermined zone
- Zone crossing: When a person or vehicle passes through two predetermined zones in a predetermined order and direction.
- Loitering: When a person or a vehicle remains in a predetermined zone for more than a certain number of seconds.
- Conditional zone crossing: When a person or a vehicle enters a predetermined zone without starting in or passing through one or more predetermined zones.
AXIS Perimeter Defender can also detect multiple events occurring simultaneously in different places within the range of a single camera.